Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So blessed




Today I'm 31...Oih!

I feel so old, even though I know I'm not.

It is just that I had all these dreams I thought I'd accomplish by 30, and they never happened - not yet anyways....

And so this morning I woke up feeling a bit down, a bit sorry for myself and oh so old when a huge surprise landed on my doorstep. In my bathrobe I opened the door and there they were.

My dad and beautiful step mom... Flowers in hand they surprised me, embracing me in hugs and love. They took the time to drive all the way out to the country (before heading to work) to wish me a happy birthday. The feeling of
old quickly disappeared and I totally felt blessed.

So what! I didn't publish a book yet, I'm not living by the ocean, I don't have the perfect healthy body but I do have what matters. LOVE, CUDDLES, HUGS, KISSES, SMILES and so many kind hearted souls in my life. Never did I put "have loving people in my life"on my to do list, but God knew what I needed. He always does.


So I enter this day with a full heart and a giant smile that just doesn't want to go away. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment