Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Craft cupboard





When Semay was little I decided that creativity and imagination are my top two skills I would like her to learn from me - along with a heavy dose of empathy and faith. So even though she was super small (some might think too small) we started doing art projects. Yes it was messy. Yes we had tons of accidents. Yes I would set it all up and she would only be interested for maybe 5 sec. But for me the not so white couch and stained kitchen table was worth those moments of sheer creative play. The giggles when paint smooshes through her toes as she dances in her paint. The surprise when she mixed red and white to discover her favourite colour pink. And now the reward of her never getting bored. At any time during the day she'll open the doors to her craft cupboard and be transported to a world of her own creation. The top moment came yesterday, when I asked her if she'd ever want to move to a different house. She smiled...paused...then replied: "Nope, because then I won't have my craft cupboard!" What a sweetie

No comments:

Post a Comment