Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Those tiny hands




Sometimes I wonder how I will survive 20 years from now. That these times I'm in right now might simply be the highlight of my life. Those tiny fingers, chubby cheeks, the little ones following me everywhere ( and I mean absolutely everywhere). How they want to be with me. What if this is it? How can I live with a quiet house and no tiny legs pitter pattering everywhere. The day will come when they leave... when they think someone else is their "BEST", then what.

Oh it hurts my heart to think of them all grown up, distant - perhaps in body and in heart.

So what do I do?

I leave the house's messes, the phone calls for appointments, the way overdue thank you cards and I nuzzle my nose in that soft little neck. I listen and delight in the tickling squeels and I savour, sovour, savour every moment....

Until tomorrow when the tantrums and 4 year old attitude drive me bonkers and I imagine the day they'll play by themselves for more than five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment