Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Celebrating Winter


I'm a beach bum, born and raised in Sunny South Africa. As a girl you could always find me in a pool or in an ocean, basking in the sun with bleach blond hair and freckles galore. I love love love the sun and water...and yet here I am. In peaceful Canada. A country with cold winters, a country with loooong winters, a country where everyone complains about the winters (including me).

So after another rant by me how I need to get out of here, how I need to go south, how I need to escape right now, my husband suggested I take a walk outside and try to find the beauty in winter. I huffed and puffed while I took 30min to put on all the gear, got outside in the pitch blackness (it was only 6pm) and I started walking....

And what I found was ...well... It was beautiful!

Slow falling snow flakes, tree branches illuminated with white snow sparkling in the moonlight , huge bright stars, full moon and the sound ... of nothing...simply quiet. Like a deep breath between the decay of fall and the hustle of spring.

So here is my vow. This winter I will look for the beauty in my current situation. And I would like to share that journey with you by sharing tons of art and craft projects inspired by winter. Every Friday will be "snow day" so pop on by, have a mug of hot coco with me and lets marvel at this season full of hidden treasures

No comments:

Post a Comment